chip updates: development plan for the next few days [updates]
So here's the problem right. It's hard to get a robot to walk. Especially when it's slightly unstable already and it's hard to get the Center of Gravity of the robot within the triangle of its other feet. So here's how I plan to figure out how to make the robot walk.
As mentioned a post or so ago, we're writing a mode called "test mode" where what will happen is the right joystick on the xBox controller will do this:
Right Stick (Weight Transfer Stick):
- Forward/Backward, move the body forwards or backwards (it transfers weight in the direction you push the stick).
-Left/Right, again moves the body left or right (it transfers weight in the direction you push the stick).
The POV (the + sign pad) will do the following tasks:
POV Pad (Leg Selector):
(1) - selects the Front Left Leg for motion.
(2) - selects the FRL for motion.
(3) - selects the BLL for motion.
(4) selects the BRL for motion.
NOTE: with the POV positions 1, 2, 3, 4 refer to the 45deg positions not 0, 90, 180, 270.
The Left Joystick (Leg Movement Stick) will do the following tasks:
Left Joystick (Leg Movement Stick):
- Forward/Backward on the stick will move the selected leg (one selected by the D-Pad) up or down in the Y-direction.
- Left/Right on the stick will move the selected leg forward or backwards in the X-direction.
It's also important to note we have some new control modes and buttons do different things now. Here's a mapping of the joysticks so far from the two modes that have been programmed.