chip updates: reminders when doing the fabric cover [updates]
So before we do the fabric cover/while we're doing the cover we need to do a few things. We need to think about what sensors absolutely have to stick out of the robot/what sensors we won't need to stick out. And what needs protection under-neath the fabric cover and where.
First, things that must stick out:
(1) The power wire from the battery to the main power because that has to stay out so we can do tether power sometimes.
(2) The button on the Jetson TX1 needs to be out or labeled.
(3) The main power breaker.
(4) The Intel RealSense T265.
(5) We'll keep the GPS out.
Thing that need protection:
(1) Any fabric screws will need to be insulated on the inside to prevent shorts/etc.
(2) The Jetson TX1 itself and the antennas and etc need to have foam padding on top in-case the robot flips over.
Things to remember:
(1) We need an access point for the battery's wires.
(2) We need an access point to the Jetson and to the programming ports on the RIO/etc.
(3) We need to make sure all the wiring is set to go.
(4) We need to electronically limit the bounds on the joints, and we need to make sure fabric doesn't get caught in anything.
(5) We need to clean the copper slightly before we seal the whole craft up.
(6) We need to take pictures of features/etc that we need for documentation.
We'll also need to come up with some sort of clever fabric fastener/or use a zipper or something so we can easily open the compartments without unscrewing a thousand different things. We need to find a way to access the screws from the outside.
Like metal snaps would work too. Like something like this: https://www.amazon.com/Fasteners-Buttons-Pieces-Clothing-Leather/dp/B07BXS2GCX/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=metal+snaps&qid=1589035619&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEyQk5LQk1UNlFKQ0FMJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNjY1MzY0MUoxT0YxOUo4WlNCSyZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwMTU2Mjc5MVhROElKNlU3OFVaRiZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=