• aditya mehrotra.

stabilizer updates: first parts printed and some initial assembly [updates]

Updated: Jun 27, 2020



WARNING: DO NOT TRY TO SAND CARBON FIBER OR FILMANETS CONTAINING CARBON FIBER WITHOUT A RESPIRATOR, VENTILATION, OR NOT IN A WELL-VENTILATED AREA THE DUST CAN BE EXTREMELY HARMFUL.


Yes, so finally, we have some prints that have finished off printing. So here's an image from some things right off the printer and immediately we ran into a problem while assembling it.



Here's the issue(S). I don't want to go wasting filament but maybe we really should've sized these fits better because they're really true press fits. So this means using oil and some sanding and a lot of wacking with a stick.



It took a very large amount of effort and now my hand hurts and I also realized that pushing the blocks that straddle the bars is not going to work so we're leaving the blocks at the top and for the center section we cut the block because pushing real hard isn't. going to work. This does mean the camera will sit a few inches lower than we designed but we can fix that with a lift of some sort.



Now we're just waiting for my hand to stop hurting before we make this thing into a "U" and then we're going to place two bars across the top and glue them in instead of the "Ls" in the design. We also now have one of the arms printing!



So another thousand or so years before that finishes... also I think we need to re-slice the g-Code for the LEFT arm so we'll do that at some point. It's important to note we did give the printer a few hours of break in-between these prints.


#updates #omgrobots #yay #stabilizer

0 views0 comments
© copyright 2019 | aditya mehrotra